Mmap counselors are volunteers who have received specialized training in Medicare and Medicaid law and regulations, health insurance counseling and relevant insurance products. MMAP Counselors are not connected with any insurance company, nor are they licensed to sell insurance. Their purpose is to serve you objectively and confidentially.
How can MMAP help me?
A local MMAP counselor can help you:
• Understand doctor bills, hospital bills, and Medicare Summary Notices
• Understand Medicare/Medicaid eligibility, enrollment, coverage, claims and appeals
• Identify resources for prescription drug assistance and help you join a Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage plan (Part D) or enroll in a Medicare Savings Program
• Review your Medicare supplemental insurance needs, compare policies, and pursue claims and refunds
• Understand health care options under managed care and Medicare Advantage plans
• Explore long term financing options, including long term care insurance
• Identify and report scams, identity theft, and Medicare or Medicare fraud and abuse
How do I contact MMAP?